A chaperone is the primary adult contact for the youth during the event. There must be one chaperone for every five (5) participants ages 14-17 years and they must be:
– 21 years of age or older (Please note the GOV age categories)
– Responsible for the safety, welfare and conduct of their youth at all times
– Expected to be a positive role model and set positive examples to all youth.
– Expected to assist youth in locating workshops, arriving in a timely manner and ensure youth remain in their workshops until the session is complete.
– To be in attendance with their youth during all evening activities (opening ceremonies, talent show, dance) as there is a ‘no re-entry’ policy once performances begin.