Volunteers are a crucial part of our event! We could not host this event without the help of hundreds of volunteers each gathering. Volunteers share their skills, passion, experience and they send youth a powerful message; that they are worthy of our time and energy.
GOV offers a wide array of volunteer opportunities, which all have a direct impact in the lives of Indigenous youth. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form below so our team members can provide you with further information.
Come join us at either following volunteer orientation sessions to find out more!
– Saturday March 16 from 10AM – 11AM – Best Western Barclay (4277 Stamp Ave, Port Alberni)
– Sunday March 17 from 7PM – 8PM – Best Western Barclay (4277 Stamp Ave, Port Alberni)
These orientation session will provide volunteers with information about the event and their specific roles and responsibilities. We hope to set the stage for you to have a positive and productive experience at GOV! Snacks provided.
(OPTIONAL) FIRST AID TRAINING
We are offering both Emergency First Aid and Standard First Aid (OFA and CPR-C with AED) training and certification at no cost to volunteers. It is not required in order to volunteer at GOV – but it’s a bonus! Plus, all the skills you learn could equip you with the knowledge you need to save a life. Sign up below for more information.
– Emergency First Aid: February 24 at 9AM-4:30PM – ADSS (4000 Roger St, Port Alberni)
– Standard First Aid: March 2 and 3 from 9AM-4PM – ADSS (4000 Roger St, Port Alberni)
– Emergency First Aid: March 9th at 9AM-4:30PM – ADSS (4000 Roger St, Port Alberni)
– Emergency First Aid: March 10th at 9AM-4:30PM – ADSS (4000 Roger St, Port Alberni)